ISSN Print: 1050-6934
Volumes:Volume 26, 2016 Volume 25, 2015 Volume 24, 2014 Volume 23, 2013 Volume 22, 2012 Volume 21, 2011 Volume 20, 2010 Volume 19, 2009 Volume 18, 2008 Volume 17, 2007 Volume 16, 2006 Volume 15, 2005 Volume 14, 2004 Volume 13, 2003 Volume 12, 2002 Volume 11, 2001 Volume 10, 2000
Journal of Long-Term Effects of Medical Implants
Current Status of the Laparoscopic Approach to Liver Resection
Minimal Access Surgery Center, Weill-Comell College of Medicine, New York, New York USA
Professor of Surgery; Chief, Division of Laparoscopic Surgery. Mount Sinai School of Medicine Box 1103, 5 East 98th Street New York NY 10029-6574; Minimal Access Surgery Center, Weill-Comell College of Medicine, New York, NY USA
We present the current status of laparoscopic approach to liver resection. Indications, surgical techniques, complications, and results are based on a review of the literature. Results: Over 700 laparoscopic liver procedures have been reported since 1991. A vast majority (70%) of the procedures were performed for benign lesions. The remaining 30% were malignant tumors. Cyst fenestration and unroofing was the most frequently performed laparoscopic liver procedure (245 patients). Overall morbidity was 12% (56 patients). The overall conversion rate was 11% (36 patients). Conclusion: Laparoscopic liver resection is feasible, with acceptable morbidity and mortality. Results should be confirmed in further prospective studies, especially for resection of malignant tumors.
|Begell Digital Portal||Begell Digital Library||eBooks||Journals||References & Proceedings||Research Collections|